Any problems with 2008-2010 A4?
What are the main problems associated with a Audi A4 from 2008 to 2010 to be aware of when buying one
As with all premium models in particular, be very strict on the service history - don't risk a car with none or a patchy history.
Now, specific to the A4 of that era, watch out for:
- The ESP light remaining on after the engine starts (means adjustment of the pedal position switch, so nothing major).
- Noisy heater fan or not working at all (might mean replacement necessary).
- A fault inside the auxiliary heater can cause widespread electrical issues including preventing engine starting and even the electronic parking brake from working.
- The alarm can go off randomly due to faulty keyless door handle sensors.
- The sunroof switch can fail.
- If the centre console lights or the auxiliary power socket are not working then it means the wiring harness is damaged.
- The headlining at the back can get damp due to blocked sunroof drain tubes (that can cause the satnav to stop working, too).
- The automatic transmission can be jerky and cause warning lights to come on (it might need to be reprogrammed).
- A fuel pipe in the 2.0-litre diesel model can rattle against the fuel tank.
Hope that is of use
Shane O' Donoghue - 01-Aug-2018